Attention all ladies who subscribe to my newsletter. In the coming weeks we will be organising a special one day event where we will launch the Daily Sports Spring and Summer clothing for 2015. There will be special offers on the day, a complementary glass of bucks fizz and the chance to win a prize in our raffle. Watch this space and keep a look out on the notice boards around the golf club for more information.
Make no mistake about it; getting your kids involved in golf will be one of the greatest and most valuable gifts you will ever give them!
Here is Why:
1. Anyone Can Play: Golfers come in all shapes and sizes. You don't have to be particularly strong, tall, lean or fast to succeed. Golf champions come in every shape and size imaginable. It's never too early to start, and unlike most other sports, you can enjoy golf your entire life!
2. Minimal Risk: Unlike many other popular sports like rugby and football, the chances of injury, especially serious injury, are almost non-existent; golf is a noncontact sport.
3. Safe and Positive Environment: The golf course is a safe place and facilitates mentoring relationships.
4. Lifelong Friendships: You never know who you will meet on a golf course, but it's one of the easiest places in the world to make friends. Golf creates a unique bond so those friendships can be developed all over the world and last a lifetime!
5. Prepare for Business: It's hard to think about it now, but kids grow up and the people they meet as children can play a huge part in their success later in life. Golf is a sport that helps prepare kids and teens for careers in business and other professional arenas.
6. Time Spent Outdoors: In today's world of video games, smart phones and child obesity, it can be hard to drag your son or daughter off the couch. Golf is the perfect excuse to spend an entire day enjoying nature and presents the opportunity to develop healthy, lifelong exercise habits!
7. Important Life Lessons: Golf closely parallels real life as one experiences the highs and lows of the game. The range of experience, from birdies to bogeys, rewards a young person's ability to keep each shot in perspective, manage one's emotions, maintain a positive outlook and focus on the shot at hand.
8. Honesty and Integrity: Golf is a sport that will teach your child integrity, discipline and respect. As they learn to conduct themselves on the golf course, these lessons will translate directly into everyday life. Do other sports such as Football set the right sort of example to your child?
9. Spend Time with Family: Golf is a game that encourages family participation. When children are young, they enjoy doing just about anything with you (but it doesn't long last, so start now). Golf is an opportunity for quality bonding time, and it's one that can last a lifetime.
10. It's FUN: This should probably be at the top of the list. One of the best reasons to get your son, daughter, grandson or granddaughter involved with golf is that they'll have an absolute blast. They'll have the chance to learn new skills, both physical and mental, make new friends and discover new opportunities.
There are a million things you can buy your kids or gift your kids in the hope that it helps them learn and grow, but only a few make a real impact. Encouraging them to play golf is one!
Upcoming Junior Coaching Dates
Our junior group coaching starts again on April the 11th from 10 until 11. All juniors are welcome, beginners through to low handicappers, boys and girls, members and non members. If you know of any juniors who may wish to take up the game in a fun relaxed environment please let them know about these coaching sessions.
We also offer many different levels of group coaching and individual coaching for junior members and non members. If you would like to find out more please call us on 01353 663317 or click here to get in touch.